Sunday Sounds: Radical Face


Greetings from Sydney! It's just a quick one tonight, I'm actually really busy rolling from side to side in my KING SIZE BED, so I'll make it short and sweet.
This musical discovery was actually thanks to a Nikon TV Ad I believe, the one that quite quickly induces the odd emotional goosebump, and has Robbie Williams in it. The band is Radical Face, and the man behind the magic is Ben Cooper. According to my best friend (Wikipedia), "The name Radical Face was chosen after seeing it on a flyer. He later found out it was a plastic surgery flyer saying 'Radical Face-Lift' with the word 'lift' ripped off" - seriously, what a fun fact!

Interesting anecdotes aside, the music of Radical Face is completely lovely. The album, 'Ghost' is pretty profound, in a Sunday-evening-drinks-in-winter kind of way... And I just found this awesome video of one of my favourite songs being played in what looks like the woods - seriously imagine how amazing that set would have been! I've also included the song that started it all, 'Welcome Home, Son', for good measure.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...