Sunday Sounds: Tuba Skinny


Formed on the streets of New Orleans, and first exposed to my eyes and ears on New Years Eve at Woodford Folk Festival, Tuba Skinny are a real good time. If you're a fan of brass, jazz or the 1920's/1930's, I have a feeling you'll enjoy these guys!
I'm actually quite disappointed that when I was in New Orleans 2 years ago I didn't stumble across these guys busking in the French Quarter (their natural habitat I believe), but I guess it's better late than never! I'm actually struggling to find a decent video to link, but you should get the picture. I'm a bit lost for words this eve, so hopefully the music will do the talking for me. PS: watch for the guy on the washboard, he's hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...